Learn different ways to Split Bills
When several customers want to pay the bill separately, they can:
" Divide the bill in 3 equally "
SPLIT by PRODUCT:
“ I’ll pay for 2 lattes and my friend will pay for 1 croissant & 1 Espresso “
SPLIT by AMOUNT:
“ I’ll pay $15, my friend will pay the rest “
SPLIT by SEAT:
" I'll pay for Seat 1 & 3 "
In this article:
Split the Bill in Equal parts: 2, 3, 4 or more
On the Payment screen => Go to ' Split Payments ' => choose the number of splits:
2. If you need more than 4: press ' Other ' & type the number wanted:
3. Here are bill is split in 3 equal parts: you can see the remaining amount left after the
SPLIT BY: AMOUNT
Customers can decide which amount of the bill they want to pay for
On the Payment screen => Go to ' Split Payments ' => ' Split By Amount ' :
2. Type the amount wanted & press ' Set Amount ' => select the payment method as
( The remaining amount will show on the modal )
SPLIT BY: PRODUCT
Allow the customers to pay what what they had
⚠️ If you start taking payments ' By Product ': do not mix with other Splitting Method
On the Payment screen => Go to ' Split Payments ' => ' Split By Product ' :
2. Click on the Products you want to pay for => select the payment method as usual:
For example: Latte, Muffin
Now if we have 3 of the same Products,
we might need to divide it to take individual payments:
2. Click on the Product to Divide: here ' 3x Croissants ' => Split Product :
3. A Modal will appear to prompt you to choose the Split Quantity :
4. Our Product is now Split and can be split further if needed, otherwise you can start
taking the payment as usual:
5. If more products are to be split, simply continue selecting the products. When a multi quantity product is selected, the split quantity prompt will auto pop up.
Select quantity and confirm to split or select Do no split button to skip splitting that product.
6. Once all the items desired are selected, proceed to pay for them. The paid items will be highlighted in green and will move to the bottom of the cart. You can continue selecting and paying for the remaining items.
SPLIT BY: SEATS
If your Venue is using Cover Numbers:
You can split the bill directly using the Seat Numbers
⚠️ If you start taking payments ' By Seat ': do not mix with other Splitting Method
In order to use this option for bills, you need to :
Create Floor Plan with Sections & Tables
Enable the ' Dine In ' option
Enable the ' Seat Management ' option
Learn how to create & enable those options here :
Once all our Products have Seat assigned to them => Go to ' Pay Now '
On the Payment screen => Go to ' Split Payments ' => Split By Seat
2. Click on the Seat that wants to pay:
For example: Seat 1
3. You can now see all the Products ordered by Seat 1 & take the payment as usual
with any Payment Types you offer :
⚠️ If you pressed the wrong Seat:
change Seat Numbers by closing the window pressing ' ✖️ '
or by selecting another Seat ( Blue )
You can see the remaining amount after that payment:
4. Once the payment is taken: take the Next Payment by Seat by pressing
' Take Next Payment ' or using ' ✖️ ' :
5. To go back to the order & add more Products: use the ' Arrow Icon ' on the top left side
of the screen:
Our Paid Items will be displayed in Green in the Cart :
New Added Product will be Grey:
( same as unpaid items )
If you assign those Products to the Seat that has paid previously: you will only be prompted to pay for the newly added items:
Seat Number that have fully paid their Orders will be displayed ' Grey '
when using ' Split by Seat ' :
If you add new Products to Seat 1 for example, the Tile reappear:
Products that are not assigned to Seats are considered ' Shared '
Here our Drinks are being assigned but Fries is meant to be shared ( @T ):
2. When you take the payment using ' Split by Seats ': Fries will be automatically divided
with every Seats
⚠️ If a Seat doesn't have any orders:
it won't be counted towards the splitting !
( for example: If we also have a Seat 4 but they have no products assigned: it won't be displayed here )