Bistro Mode allows everyone to order and pay for their order and operators can send one docket to the kitchen for the whole group.
For example: A group of people are dining at the same table and want to place orders separately, pay separately but want their food to be served at the same time.
This is an easier way to serve everyone's food at the same time.!
In this Article:
Bistro Mode: SEND (instead of PAY NOW)
HOW TO ENABLE BISTRO MODE
In your POS => on the bottom in black is the ' Function Map ' => PRINT OPTIONS:
2. Select ' HOLD PRINT ' either BEFORE you are starting to take the order or you started adding some Products in the Cart:
⚠️ If you press ' PAY NOW ' or ' SEND ' before you press ' HOLD PRINT ' you won't be able to add more order to that docket
3. Your cart should now be showing ' PRINT ON HOLD ' on top of your Cart:
( The number between brackets will be the amount of Products on hold )
PLACE YOUR 1st ORDER:
Add Product to your Cart:
2. Press ' PAY NOW ' :
3. You can choose the payment method: Cash, Card, Split Payments, ... same as usual
( To learn more about Split Payments option, see article: SPLIT BILL: BY AMOUNT vs BY PRODUCT )
4. Once the payment is completed for that order, the Products will turn Green:
5. You now have a few Choices:
FINALISE: Will close the Order and Print the Docket accordingly like a regular Order: this is the option you want to choose when ALL the orders have been paid for that table.
ADD TO ORDER: This will you the option to keep adding more Orders to the same table while holding the Docket from Printing
NEW ORDER: Will close the Order and Print the Docket accordingly like a regular Order & take you back to Order Screen.
COMPLETE SALE: Will close the Order and Print the Docket accordingly like a regular Order & take you back to your selected default screen (floorplan, order, online, ...).
Let's press ' ADD TO ORDER ' & keep adding new Orders:
ADD A SECOND ORDER:
Let's add another order for customer number 2: Panini, Red wine.
We can see that our Previous paid order has its Products displayed in Green,
while our new added Products are Grey:
2. You can see in your Cart the previous amount paid: $ 23.50 & the new amount due for that new Order: $ 68
Press ' PAY NOW ' :
3. Take the Payment for your new Order (in grey) :
4. We can see our Payments on the bottom with the different payment options:
5. Next, let's Finalise our Orders.
Now that all our customers at that table have ordered & paid: time to FINALISE & Print our dockets:
2. After Pressing Finalise: My Dockets automatically printed:
1x in the Kitchen
1x at the Bar
with all our Products from different Orders on the same Dockets:
3. To Print my receipt automatically, I can click: COMPLETE SALE:
⚠️ It is currently not possible to print a custom bill for each Orders:
Receipts will include all the orders and transactions.
' SEND ' Order instead of ' PAY NOW '
Now let's say that:
Table 1: 2 out of 3 customers have put their orders & paid, but the third needs few more minutes to decide:
You can put the whole docket on hold & take someone else's order in the meantime, when the third customer is ready: just retrieve the order, keep adding, take the payment & Print the whole docket at once.
2 x Orders have been taken & Paid: the third Customer is not sure yet, if we Finalise: the bill is going to close & print, instead let's press ' SEND ' :
2. Your Order has now been put on Hold, in the meantime we were able to take new orders, but now that our Customer is ready, let's retrieve our previous order:
3. Go to OPEN:
4. Find your Order & Click on it:
5. If your Order was put on a table: Go to your Floor Plan and click on the Table:
6. You can now keep adding to your Order and Finalise when ready !
BISTRO MODE + COURSE MANAGEMENT
Course Management allows your Products to be automatically categorised regardless of the order they are put in the cart
Learn how to set up Course Management in the Article:
& How to use it with your Bistro Mode:
BISTRO MODE + SEAT MANAGEMENT
Seat Management allows you to assign a products to a specific seat / customer
Learn how to set it up & use it in the Article:
& How to use it with your Bistro Mode:
REPRINT RECEIPTS / BILLS IN BISTRO MODE
After Finalising the Order: a Receipt will Print. But if you customers each want one, here is how your print more
In your POS => ' . . . ' =>
2. Go to Order History :
3. Find your Order:
( a good indication is: multi payments )
4. Click on the Print Icon => Choose to Print Order or click on the Payment Type to get a receipt with that payment type appearing in bold
5. Or click on the Envelope Icon to send it to the customers Phone Number or Email: