Money IN / OUT in REPORTS
Track your Cash events in your POS such as:
Float In / Out
. . .
Those events will be recorded in your Sales Reports within the Cash section
In this article:
Learn how Cash Events can be used & reflect in your Sales Reports
CREATE CASH EVENTS in your BACK OFFICE
Before you can start using Cash Events in your POS:
You need to create them in your Back Office
Learn how to create new cash events,
in this article:
USE CASH EVENTS in your POS
Now that our Cash Events Names are created:
we can start using them in our POS
There are 2 ways to Add a Money Event in your POS:
Using the function map: Money In / Out
Using the settings: Manage Cash
UNDERSTAND CASH EVENTS in SALES REPORTS
Using Cash Events helps you understand why Cash has been added to / taken out of the till & how much: an easy way to track your Floats, Petty Cash, Tips, ...
Before Closing your Shift:
Go to Navigation ' . . . ' => Manage Cash :
2. If you did a ' Float In ' when you opened your shift: you can do a Float Out & remove the amount in Cash, it might facilitate your cash counting. Just click on ' Add New Event '.
You can also add your Tips as a money event by checking your Card Tips directly before closing the shift:
3. In the Navigation ' . . . ' => Go to ' Shifts ' :
4. Click on the arrow next to your shift to display its information:
For Example: you can see how much tips you made by card & create a Cash Event & remove them from your till:
5. Once all your Cash events are recorded: Press Close Shift :
6. You will see all the payments automatically recorded in grey ( Card, On Account, .. ) & other payments such as ' Cash ' will need to be manually inputted.
Difference: can help you knowing how much Cash your Till must contain after the Cash Events are done:
I made $200 Cash today
My floats were $250 In & $250 Out so it evens out
I took $10 Tips & $12 Petty Cash out which makes my cash total: $178.
7. Click on ' Cash ' to input the amount counted in your Till:
8. The Difference is now: $0 => Close Shift
9. You Shift is now Closed => To access closed Shifts => click on the dropdown on the left side of 'Shifts' => select ' Closed ':
10. You can display the information of that shift by clicking in it => under ' Cash
Payments ' you can find ' Money In ' ' Money Out '
11. You Reports won't show the notes: only the total amounts of ' Money In ' , ' Money Out ' :
Money Out - Money in = $22 ( $10 tips / $12 petty cash )